Experience this lovely simple everyday meal presented with a style twist for your kitchen table…Enjoy!
Tonight I’m cooking one of my favorite and easiest chicken dishes. It is also a fairly healthy one; using organic free range chicken, organic veggies (carrots and celery), and less sodium soy sauce. You should be able to easily find these items in your local grocery store . I love the organic carrots I use for this recipe. They have the sweetest taste and perfect thickness. My knife just glides right through them (also saving on time) This particular dish also saves time with only two fresh veggies to chop and a very easy home-made teriyaki sauce you will love. Keep in mind, the home-made sauce and fresh veggies will add more of an everyday gourmet flair rather than frozen veggies and bottled sauce. It is a great way to try something different . For me, the staple ingredients for this perfect dish are garlic and ginger. It just gives it a great pop of flavor! Makes a fabulous date night dish as the chicken is so soft and tender after it cooks in the homemade teriyaki sauce.
- Chop 3 carrots and 3 celery stalks, and 1 garlic clove in small pieces; soften together in 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil on medium heat sprinkling a pinch of ginger over the top of the veggies. When veggies are softened remove from the pan
- Mix teriyaki sauce ingredients together in a small sauce pan and heat on low-med heat.
- Pour teriyaki mixture over 4 chicken breaks in a large fry pan and cook on low-med heat
- While the chicken is cooking; get your brown or jasmine rice going in the microwave.
- When chicken breast are soft and cooked through, remove from pan and add rice and veggies to pan and fry on low heat.
- Cut chicken breasts and arrange on top of rice mixture and sprinkle with a light dusting of sesame seeds. Cut one orange in half and use as garnish on a beautiful serving plate with a couple of mint leaves to top it off (the everyday gourmet part)